Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How was your Broad Appetit?


Did you make it? Did you survive? Or were you like me?


This being my first time, I found that all my thoughts on how to handle the event were instantly thrown out the window.


First sample was a Beef Croquet from 1N Belmont; it was tasty but the inner texture was some what lacking. It should be noted that I have never had a croquet of any kind so the texture issue may be normal for such an item.


Seafire Grill had some tasty shrimp. Wish I had went back for more after sampling from a friend's plate.


Acacia Midtown's Sugar Toads (fried puffer fish) was probably the most exotic item of the day.


The folks at The Black Sheep brought a Weber charcoal grill with them; that scores points with me right off. Plus, the grilled lamb was delicious.


Bistro 27's shrimp skewers were perfectly grilled.


Cafe Rustica had a crab cake served on a croissant that was absolutely divine.


Weezie's conch salad was a nice surprise with a bit of spice.


There was so much food; it was impossible to get to it all. I was upset that I did not get to try Savor's Asian style mini pork barbecue sandwiches. What were your favorite restaurants? What Richmond restaurants do you wish had been at Broad Appetit?

No comments:

Post a Comment